Are You Looking To Become A CNA In Alabama?
CNA Training In Alabama
CNA mean Certified Nursing Assistant. There are a lot of people out there that love helping others. This is for sure a field that you can enjoy helping others get back to better health. CNAs and Nurses are vital in helping the wounded mend their injuries and the hurt rehab as well.
What Does A CNA Do?
CNAs help in a number of ways. We will list a few of their duties and responsibilities. A CNA is first off someone who is extremely patient. One of their duties is assisting patients. CNAs often help the patient eat, bathe, clean up and sometimes even eat. A CNA will also monitor patients. Most of the time a doctor or the nurse will handle these duties but CNAs can sometimes help out as well. They can help monitor blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and pulse among other things. CNAs are also responsible for keeping the patients room and the equipment clean. They make beds, clean up after the patients, emptying bedpans and other things as well.
How Do I Become A CNA?
To become a CNA you can either choose to get on the job training or go to training classes. These classes generally last anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. The on the job training is usually given out by hospitals or elderly care facilities in exchange for employment at that particular facility for a set amount of time after the training. If you would like to get formal training to become a CNA that would consist of on the job training as well as a classroom training. There are a number of colleges and online courses you can take to become a CNA. The requirement to become a CNA is different in each state. Most of the time you are required to complete a certain number of hours of training (75 hours) in a state facility and pass the state exam.
How much does a CNA make?
A CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant can expect to make $11.50 per hour or around $25,000 annually. The outlook on this field look good and the growth rate looks to be about 20%. There will always be a need for CNAs in the medical world. Currently there are over 1.5 million nurses aides and by 2014 there is expected to be 300,000 more. The median salary is around $25,000 depending on the state you are working.
Featured CNA Schools
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)