Are You Looking To Become A CNA In New Jersey?
CNA Program In New Jersey
CNA mean Certified Nursing Assistant. There are a lot of people out there that love helping others. This is for sure a field that you can enjoy helping others get back to better health. CNAs and Nurses are vital in helping the wounded mend their injuries and the hurt rehab as well.
What Does A CNA Do?
CNAs help in a number of ways. We will list a few of their duties and responsibilities. A CNA is first off someone who is extremely patient. One of their duties is assisting patients. CNAs often help the patient eat, bathe, clean up and sometimes even eat. A CNA will also monitor patients. Most of the time a doctor or the nurse will handle these duties but CNAs can sometimes help out as well. They can help monitor blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and pulse among other things. CNAs are also responsible for keeping the patients room and the equipment clean. They make beds, clean up after the patients, emptying bedpans and other things as well.
How Do I Become A CNA?
To become a CNA you can either choose to get on the job training or go to training classes. These classes generally last anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. The on the job training is usually given out by hospitals or elderly care facilities in exchange for employment at that particular facility for a set amount of time after the training. If you would like to get formal training to become a CNA that would consist of on the job training as well as a classroom training. There are a number of colleges and online courses you can take to become a CNA. The requirement to become a CNA is different in each state. Most of the time you are required to complete a certain number of hours of training (75 hours) in a state facility and pass the state exam.
How much does a CNA make?
A CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant can expect to make $11.50 per hour or around $25,000 annually. The outlook on this field look good and the growth rate looks to be about 20%. There will always be a need for CNAs in the medical world. Currently there are over 1.5 million nurses aides and by 2014 there is expected to be 300,000 more. The median salary is around $25,000 depending on the state you are working.
Featured CNA Schools
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.