Are You Looking To Become A CNA In Georgia?
CNA Program In Georgia
CNA mean Certified Nursing Assistant. There are a lot of people out there that love helping others. This is for sure a field that you can enjoy helping others get back to better health. CNAs and Nurses are vital in helping the wounded mend their injuries and the hurt rehab as well.
What Does A CNA Do?
CNAs help in a number of ways. We will list a few of their duties and responsibilities. A CNA is first off someone who is extremely patient. One of their duties is assisting patients. CNAs often help the patient eat, bathe, clean up and sometimes even eat. A CNA will also monitor patients. Most of the time a doctor or the nurse will handle these duties but CNAs can sometimes help out as well. They can help monitor blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and pulse among other things. CNAs are also responsible for keeping the patients room and the equipment clean. They make beds, clean up after the patients, emptying bedpans and other things as well.
How Do I Become A CNA?
To become a CNA you can either choose to get on the job training or go to training classes. These classes generally last anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. The on the job training is usually given out by hospitals or elderly care facilities in exchange for employment at that particular facility for a set amount of time after the training. If you would like to get formal training to become a CNA that would consist of on the job training as well as a classroom training. There are a number of colleges and online courses you can take to become a CNA. The requirement to become a CNA is different in each state. Most of the time you are required to complete a certain number of hours of training (75 hours) in a state facility and pass the state exam.
How much does a CNA make?
A CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant can expect to make $11.50 per hour or around $25,000 annually. The outlook on this field look good and the growth rate looks to be about 20%. There will always be a need for CNAs in the medical world. Currently there are over 1.5 million nurses aides and by 2014 there is expected to be 300,000 more. The median salary is around $25,000 depending on the state you are working.
Featured CNA Schools
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)