Are You Looking To Become A CNA In Louisiana?
CNA Program In Louisiana
CNA mean Certified Nursing Assistant. There are a lot of people out there that love helping others. This is for sure a field that you can enjoy helping others get back to better health. CNAs and Nurses are vital in helping the wounded mend their injuries and the hurt rehab as well.
What Does A CNA Do?
CNAs help in a number of ways. We will list a few of their duties and responsibilities. A CNA is first off someone who is extremely patient. One of their duties is assisting patients. CNAs often help the patient eat, bathe, clean up and sometimes even eat. A CNA will also monitor patients. Most of the time a doctor or the nurse will handle these duties but CNAs can sometimes help out as well. They can help monitor blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and pulse among other things. CNAs are also responsible for keeping the patients room and the equipment clean. They make beds, clean up after the patients, emptying bedpans and other things as well.
How Do I Become A CNA?
To become a CNA you can either choose to get on the job training or go to training classes. These classes generally last anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. The on the job training is usually given out by hospitals or elderly care facilities in exchange for employment at that particular facility for a set amount of time after the training. If you would like to get formal training to become a CNA that would consist of on the job training as well as a classroom training. There are a number of colleges and online courses you can take to become a CNA. The requirement to become a CNA is different in each state. Most of the time you are required to complete a certain number of hours of training (75 hours) in a state facility and pass the state exam.
How much does a CNA make?
A CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant can expect to make $11.50 per hour or around $25,000 annually. The outlook on this field look good and the growth rate looks to be about 20%. There will always be a need for CNAs in the medical world. Currently there are over 1.5 million nurses aides and by 2014 there is expected to be 300,000 more. The median salary is around $25,000 depending on the state you are working.
Featured CNA Schools
Online programs to fit your schedule.
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Physical Therapy Aide
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)